I’m Adrian, nice to meet you!
I am a Front-end Developer living in Bucharest, Romania. I've been designing and coding user interfaces for the web in the last decade using HTML, CSS, and JS.
React with Typescript, SASS, and HTML
Build / DevOps
Webpack, NPM, Travis, Git, Docker
Node.js usually with Express.js
Familiar with Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, etc and I also like to design web apps or features in existing apps that I work on from time to time
Used in the past
Backbone.js, Angular.js, Vue.js, jQuery, PHP, MySQL, Grunt, Gulp, Cordova
January 2018 - May 2020
Worked on a financial planning application build on the concept of micro frontends and microservices using the latest technologies, but also legacy code. My role was to implement new features into the app, mentor, and innovate.
- Implemented the designs and features for the main financial planning application
- Developed a library where each team can publish their own react components and use across the organization
- Won an innovation award for building a grid-like component that needed to handle around 30-40 thousand of nodes all on a single render
- Participated in an IBM program called "Everyday Leadership" that helped me develop my soft skills like speaking in public, communicating with colleagues, and many more
- Mentored a few colleagues
- Unit Tests (Jest and react-testing-library)
- Travis CI
February 2015 - December 2017
My goal here was to make the online shopping experience a breeze on Vivre apps. Worked on multiple platforms/disciplines. Not only design and front-end but also into the native capabilities of your mobile phone with Cordova.
- Designed and implemented the client-side functionality for the new return form where users can quickly return products bought on our website
- Introduced automated E2E testing with CasperJS
- Migrated the front-end to NODE.js with server-side rendering and client-side hydration (Backbone and Handlebars)
- Migrated (for some pages) the view engine from Handlebars to Vue.js
- Better development flows with NPM and Webpack (Hot Reload for Vue pages, CSS injection)
- I started implementing a new responsive design project with the technologies above
- Built and launched the Vivre hybrid Mobile App that right now you can find on the Google Play Store or Apple Store
- Designed and implemented features and sections of the website/app
- Implemented build tools for minification and SASS pre-processing, or email generators. (Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
- Testing with CasperJS
January 2007 - December 2011
Working my way through college while designing websites & building them into HTML, CSS & JS. I also did a lot of print designs for banners. Working for free and learning things online at the beginning made me realize that the web is fun and I wanted to start doing this as something more than just a hobby.
May 2012 - April 2013
Worked on launching the LandmarkShops.com project.
My main role was to convert the designs into HTML, CSS, and JS. I also designed some of the modules of the website.
It was a challenging experience and I've learned a ton of JS while building the user interactions, shopping basket experience, store locator, wishlist, etc.
December 2011 - May 2012
Excited to be working on lots of projects, always having something new to do, and being challenged by coworkers. I had two hats, a designer's hat, and a Developer's hat.
- Designer - I was pushing pixels in Photoshop to create beautiful websites
- Developer - Taking the pixels and converting them into clean & semantic HTML, CSS and JS/jQuery and for some projects even going a step forward and integrating all this into WordPress